domenica 9 aprile 2017

Ridin' Solo!

I'm back! Again! Sorry but I just graduated in a master and things were so chaotic!! I had to finish my thesis and had to deal with my careless professor supervisor.
BTW, recently I was thinking that in the past 2 years I was still listening to the same set of songs, with some temporary obsession for some catchy songs which passed after a couple of weeks.
I felt like lately music was always the same, nothing new, same patterns, same bases... in other words, boring!!
However, in the last couple of weeks, I've rediscovered some artists that I forgot about and also discovered some nice new songs from fresh singers, which is nice! It's always nice explore different music! It's refreshing! Sometimes we're stucked with some songs that just remind us sad or bad things and automatically we feel that way. But sometimes, new music can bring that new energy and can affect our mood in a good or bad way, it depends.



Thanks to a playlist that I heard on BBC Radio 1 I've discovered some new songs that right now are stucked in my head!
The first is the debut single of Harry Styles and the other one is the new song by John Mayer, "Still feel like your man".



Talking about Harry Styles, who came right from a band and now he's working as a solo artist, I was thinking about all those singers that reached fame through a band or group and then start a solo career, leaving behind their band mates and becoming a super star.




Starting from Destiny's Child, who in my childhood were absolutely amazing, acted as a springboard for all the three members of the group but just Kelly Rowland who reached a reasonable success and of course Beyonce, who became one of the superstar of all the music world.




When Beyonce began her solo career, it was managed as it was a side project together with the Destiny's Child work but then her songs with her future husband Jay Z became so popular, her career was made to be solo! She continued to work with her group but the real and big success was just for her.



Now let's pass to the N'Sync, who had a big success during the late 90's and split in early 2000s. From the group was born another great solo artist Justin Timberlake who smashed the charts with his single Like I love you  and his album Justified in 2002. Justin has a really big career as a solo artist because in my opinion he was born to be an individual artist. He sings, acts and dances.. he's the male version of JLo!




Talking about another big group: the Spice Girls! My favourite ever! I was obsessed by their music when I was little.
The group reached a very huge success in the 90's but then Geri Halliwell decided to leave the group and begin her solo career.




I have to admit that when she left, I was so gutted because the Spice Girls were my favourite group and without her it would not have been the same, but Geri's first single was a bomb! "Look at me" was my jam that summer. I have to mention also "Mi Chico Latino", "Lift me up" and "It's raining men".



While Geri was having her success, the Spice Girls tried to maintain their fame unsuccessfully, leaving the floor for other solo projects for all the members: from Emma Bunton with "Maybe", Mel C with "Goin' down" and Victoria Adams aka Beckham with "Out of your Mind". However, none of them had a very big solo success.. maybe they were better as a group!


Now let's pass to a more present group as One Direction who in my opinion was one of the last boy band to have such a massive success.
One Direction is a great band, who made of their songs a never ending success even after Zayn Malik decided to leave the group. So we can say that this loss affected them but positively, because their success didn't change at all!
Zayn Malik after One Direction released a very catchy song called "Pillowtalk" which reflects his more R'n'B mood.



Last year One Direction announced their hiatus after 4 tours and 5 albums non.-stop.
Since the announcement almost every member of the group worked on their individual projects as Niall Horan who  in september 2016 released an acoustic ballad called  "This Town" and it was a very nice song and reflects him completely.



Then it was Louis Tomlinson's turn who just after the mother's passing, decided to honour her with his song in collaboration with Steve Aoki.
The lyrics are very touching and reflected his state in those horrible moments but the sounds were more dance and modern thanks to Dj Aoki who made it a club hit! Just their genre!




Last friday was Harry Styles' turn and it was a highly anticipated song. Everyone knew that after his commitment with the upcoming movie of Christopher Nolan, Harry was releasing something anytime soon.
What can I say, his "Sign of the Times" is massive! This song is so refreshing but passionate and sounds so vintage at the same time that is so perfect for this moment.
Everyone is loving it so much and I believe Harry Styles will have a very positive confirmation of his good job for his debut.





I am a fan of Harry but this song is special, maybe because I relate so much to the lyrics but it has some Bowie influences that made it unique.
And Liam Payne? He said though his social medias that he's working on his solo project and he will soon release something. Of course he's having something better to think about, like his newborn son! Cute!



I think that from One Direction the only one that will have the biggest success will be Styles because he has an unique way to make music that come from the past. I believe that he will have a very long solo career.



So for now I'm obsessed with Sign of the Times and John Mayer's new single.. What kind of music are you obsessed at the moment? What do you listen to recently? Tell me!


That's all for now



Talk to you soon



Carol



The images and videos are not mine

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento